Published by Little Brown Books For Young Readers on November 1st 2016
Genres: young adult, historical
Buy on Amazon
There would be blood. Blood for blood.Blood to pay. An entire world of it.
For the resistance in 1950s Germany, the war may be over, but the fight has just begun.Death camp survivor Yael, who has the power to skinshift, is on the run: The world has just seen her shoot and kill Hitler. But the truth of what happened is far more complicated, and its consequences are deadly. Yael and her unlikely comrades dive into enemy territory to try to turn the tide against the New Order, and there is no alternative but to see their mission through to the end, whatever the cost.But in the midst of the chaos, Yael's past and future collide when she comes face-to-face with a ghost from her past, and a spark with a fellow rider begins to grow into something more. Dark secrets reveal dark truths, and one question hangs over them all--how far can you go for the ones you love?
HELLO THERE. I am back huehue. It’s been a truly long while since I last wrote a review on this blog. Life has been prettttty hectic since the start of 2017 and it took me a long while to get used to school life. I even had to shut down my personal book blog because it did not seem wise to continue it when I haven’t blogged in almost a year. BUT ANYWAYS. Back to the review!
It’s safe to say that this book broke me, shattered me, killed me. I mean, HELLO WHAT IS THIS. For someone who isn’t a fan of historical book (it me), I was surprised when I was hooked onto Wolf by Wolf, and of course I was really really interested in reading Blood for Blood, especially after that ending in the previous book.
Things I love:
– YAEL. I mean this girl is so badass, I want to cry for her. She’s such a strong character, emotionally and physically, and it hurts to read from her point of view sometimes.
– Luka hotness Lowe. The epitome of hotness, lemme tell you. A whole bundle of goodness, charming, fucking amazing male character, I have a new book boyfriend.
– the romance because I honestly wasn’t expecting one. I know there were hints of it in Wolf by Wolf, but I truly thought there would be absolutely no romance but wow I am glad that I was wrong. I needed that romance so badly.
– all the fighting. Truly, I was looking forward to the fighting and showdown and shit like that. And boy, was I not disappointed.
Things I did not love:
– all the historical parts HAHAHA but that’s honestly just me, to be honest. I just get confused with so many facts, but I think it’s really just my fault. I was never interested in historical fiction but this series’ story plot just really pulled me in AND THAT SHOWS THAT THIS BOOK IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD if it could make a non-historical reader like me falling for it.
And boy, I legit fell for this series. HARD.