TOP TEN TUESDAY IS HOSTED BY THE BROKE AND THE BOOKISH.
THIS WEEK’S TOPIC: Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet
I am pretty excited for this topic since it relates to me a whole lot. You have no idea how many books I have still not read yet ever since I bought them, and I’m sure most of us are pretty guilty of that. And with that, here’s me and Pixie’s list of books that we STILL haven’t read despite them being on our shelves for AAAAGES.
- A Tale of Two Proms by Cara Lockwood: This last book in the Bard Academy series has been on my shelves for god-knows-how-long, and to be honest, I’m still pretty scared to read it because I don’t want this amazing series to end! If y’all still haven’t read the Bard Academy, you need to. It’s a modern-Wuthering Heights retelling.
- The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore: Again, I have been pretty scared to go on with this series because I don’t want my favorite people to dieeee. BUT since the final book is out, I might binge-read them all together. MIGHT being the keyword HEHE.
- The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani: To be honest, I have no idea why I have not read this book yet. Maybe because I keep buying other books? HAHAH. But omg, I really need to get to this book soon.
- The Calling by James Frey: Errrr, okay this first book in the Endgames series was a bit of a mistake on my part, I guess? Because when it first came out, I bought it because it looked so amazing but a few days after that, I saw so many bad reviews about it and now, I’m still unsure if I should read it. What do y’all think?
- Dream A Little Dream by Kerstin Gier: THIS BOOK. OKAY. If my #OTSPSecretsister from the previous round sees this, I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN’T READ IT. But but so many books got in the way and I haven’t read most of them. And gah, I need to start on my TBR soon before buying more hehehe.
Okay, I cheated a little. My list isn’t exactly from before I started blogging (obviously) because I’ve been blogging for FIVE AND A HALF YEARS. Lol. But they’re books that have been on my tbr pile for at least six months, save for one, which is just a book I really had to name for reasons. I’ll get to that. Haha.
Code Name Verity – It’s been on my shelf for a good year collecting dust and I’m so ashamed I haven’t read it yet after all the amazing things I’ve heard about it. To top it off, I have a couple of other title’s by Wein sitting here too waiting to be read. I’m determined to get through this one before the end of 2016.
Seraphina – I have a confession. I bought this for the cover. I’m in cover lust with this one. I hear mixed reviews over it in general so I’ve been wary to pick it up, but that cover is just gorgeous and looks gorgeous sitting on my shelf.
11/22/63 – I pretty much go after anything Stephen King. But his books also tend to sit on my shelf unread the longest before I finally get the motivation to read because they’re so long.
Devil in the White City – I’d heard amazing things from a few people I know and reviews I’d read about this author. I decided to buy one of the books. This one is going to be a Leonardo DiCaprio movie sometime in the coming year… I bought this book about six months ago and it’s been sitting on my end table with a bookmark set to the first chapter since.
My Best Friend’s Exorcism – This is the book I cheated a bit more on. It’s only been on my radar a little over a month, and I just bought it about two weeks ago to add to my bookshelf. So why’d I add it to the list here? I looked over and thought “What book would I want to talk about being on my tbr that I need to get to?” Well this is it. And it’s definitely going to be read before 2016 ends.
So what about your TBR piles? How does yours look?