Welcome to our first round of the new challenge here on Great Imaginations: Story Sprites!
This reading challenge will allow you to pick your own books that correspond with each “path,” which is indicated by color. Since we love our readers, there will be prizes!
So, how do you participate? Read below for the Story Sprite Rules:
1. You can complete any number of the paths. The maximum is 5.
2. Pick your path. Each path is indicated with a color (red, orange, green, blue and purple). Select books that correspond with the description. And example is listed below:
3. To complete a path, you pick books that meet the requirements for each square and read it. You must read one book PER square. DNFs count, but please try to finish as many as possible. After you are finished with each square of a color, you have completed a path!
4. As it was mentioned above, you can do just one color, or all the colors.
5. Please keep track of your books and your completion. It can be in any format you wish. A blog post, on Facebook, handwritten, Word, or whatever.
At the end of the current round, you can earn rewards!
The reward system:
When you complete a path, you will earn a badge to place on your blog, or anywhere you want to display your new shining token.
This isn’t a complete badge. When you gain these badges, you might notice something familiar about them! This is where the sprite plays into the theme! We don’t want to spoil the surprise.
We all know here at Great Imaginations that we love giveaways as well. At the end of each round, we will pick 3 winners to win a book up to $15!
Each badge you earn/path you complete will gain you an entry. So if you complete the orange path, you gain the orange badge and one entry for the giveaway. If you complete the blue path and the red path, you gain the red badge, the blue badge, and 2 entries. If you complete the entire game board, you gain all five badges plus an extra entry (six total, because we love you).
To be eligible for entry, please provide the complete list of books you’ve read for each path you’ve read at the end of the round. We will be putting up a post at the end of the season with a link for you to link up to your post. You can also leave your lists in the comments of that post. Then you can email us for your badges, and boom, they are yours to display! There will also be a Rafflecopter for you to enter!
You have until October 1st to complete the first game board. This allows you a three month time frame, and we want to do four game boards a year.
Have any more questions? Please e-mail us, or Tweet us, and we will be happy to answer!
Here is the inaugural round of Story Sprites!
Want to join in? Announce your intent in the comments so we know who is participating! Have fun!