It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I love Christmas. Everything from the decorations to the food to the time spent with family, this is one of my favorite holidays. If you follow me on twitter you know I love wrapping gifts and making the present extra special for those I care about. But sometimes it IS better to receive! These are the books Lyn and I are hoping to see under the tree this Christmas.
1.DC Comics Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle – I’ve wanted this collection forever, and I hope that Santa finally drops it on my doorstep. I miss comic books.
2. Torn Away – I can’t believe I don’t own this yet, but I’ve had my eye on this for a while. I do like Brown’s books, and any book with a natural disaster is the right book for me. Tornadoes! YAH!
3. Cabinet of Curiosities – I am a huge fan of Legrand, so I really need to add this one to my collection. The cover is lovely as well!
4. The Witch’s Boy – The cover is awesome, and the story sounds as if it would get me right in the feels. Perfect for a post-Christmas cry.
5. Thief’s Covenant – I’ve only thought about getting this book every time I look at my wish list. I’m in the mood for some high fantasy right now, so I’m highly hoping that Santa will help me out here.
1. Noughts and Crosses. Or as my phone likes to say, Naughty and Crosses. I have to admit, I don’t know a whole lot about this books, but I know it was like a punch to the gut for a lot of my friends, and who doesn’t like an emotional torture chamber every once in a while?
2. This Shattered World. I read These Broken Stars over the holidays last year and I quite like the idea of this series becoming a tradition. These covers are beautiful, and if the couple in book 2 is anything like Lilac and Tarver from book 1, I cannot wait for all the shippy feels.
3. S. So a lot of this book’s fame is due to JJ Abrams, but I don’t think I’ve watched very much of his work. However, this book sounds awesome. There’s the story itself, but all along the margins are two other characters writing back and forth to one another while they read the book. There are also letters and post cards and all sorts of things like that throughout the book. Reading this sounds like an experience.
4. Percy Jackson Box Set with the New Covers. I’m the last person in the world who hasn’t read Percy Jackson, but when I do, I want to do it in style. These covers are so beautiful and I love the way the spines look together. And after watching Gillian flail herself to death while binging on this series, it’s a must-read for me.
5. Princess of Thorns. Lili had me read Of Beast and Beauty earlier this year for Epic Recs. I didn’t loooove it, but I do want to continue on with this author’s work. Lili says Princess of Thorns surpasses Of Beast and Beauty so I’m hoping I will have the same reaction. I am all about the fairy tales and retellings right now so I hope I can snag a copy of this one soon!