Looking forward to the new year? We certainly see some great things in our future! This week, Bekka and Lyn discuss their top 2015 releases!
1. Tonight the Streets are Ours by Leila Sales. Okay, so given recent events, the premise of this book is a little creepy. But it still sounds so freaking good. And that cover! Holy guacamole.
2. Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone. I am so excited for this because it’s about a form of OCD that people don’t really know about. Never mind the way the term “OCD” is already abused in our daily vocab. In my opinion, more ‘severe’ or ‘strange’ mental disorders need more representation. There are very few personality and thought disorders in YA, so I will always be excited when I see a title like this.
3. The Cage by Megan Shepherd. I have some trepidations since I was not a fan of the author’s first book, and also, look at that hideous cover. But it sounds way cool, so I will give it a shot. A scifi human zoo? Yes please.
4. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge. I just got an ARC of this, so there is a chance that I will have already read this by the time this post goes up. I loved Cruel Beauty so much and I need more of Hodge’s beautiful world-building and amazing heroines.
5. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I feel like I don’t really need to explain this one but OMG I CANNOT WAIT.
1. The Shadow Revolution by Clay and Susan Griffith. Words cannot express how overjoys I am that this duo is releasing a new series. After obsessing over Vampire Empire for years, I am thrilled to see them back in the game.
2. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman. I left this one off my top 2015 sequels, so I am certainly putting it on for this week. YES PLEASE to everything about this book!
3. The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski. I’m still thrilled over this sequel. I want it, yes I do!
4. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. Everyone on my Twitter has me so hyped up for this release!
5. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Thanks to Steph at Cuddlebuggery, I have the hots for this title.