I was tagged for this twice, and… I did it twice. The first time was on Booklikes, with different questions. But I just couldn’t resister Gillian’s questions, so I decided to go ahead and cheat and do it again. Sue me. THIS IS MY BLOG I DO WHAT I WANT.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.
Which book do you own the most copies of or which author do you own the most books from?
The book I own the most copies of is Heir of Fire, coming in at three copies total: UK paperback, US hardcover, and ARC.
The author I own the most books from is Cate Tiernan. I own 16 books from her.
What book(s) do you think deserve more hype?
Both Dangerous Girls and Dangerous Boys deserve more attention. Not a lot of thrillers get enough hype in YA and those two are near-perfect. Seriously, go read them. Sexy boys. Mystery. Scary-as-fuck twist endings. READ THEM.
*whistles innocently* Seen any good TV lately?
I know what Gillian is hinting at here, and no, I haven’t watched The 100 yet. I’m waiting for Mike to have some time off because he wants to watch it too. I HAVE, however, started Buffy.
Do you have any secret talents or quirks?
This isn’t really a talent, but my right hip is double jointed and I can easily scare people into thinking something is terribly, terribly wrong with it. That’s a quirk, right?
What was your favorite book of the last month?
I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (another book that needs more hype.) I read it for Epic Recs and just wooowww loved it.
How did you start reading YA?
I went to a library with an old roommate of mine, and she headed straight for the teen section. So I went with her, not knowing my way around that library. Picked up The Dust of 100 Dogs and was hooked ever since.
What food are you craving this minute?
Tiramisu!! It’s actually killing me. (This is a very Gillian question.)
What’s your Hogwarts house and why?
Ravenclaw. Of course, Ravenclaw are known for intelligence and studiousness. But a lot of people like to overlook the creativity and the acceptance and the way Ravenclaws nurture and cherish individuality.
If you could make any fictional animal your pet, who would it be?
Salem the cat!
What is your super power? (Not which one do you WANT, but which one do you HAVE?)
I’m a synesthete. It’s not actually as fun as it sounds, as my particular flavor of synesthesia is mirror-touch which means I feel pain when I see someone else feeling pain. Physical, actual pain – not imagined pain or phantom pain or sympathy pain. Actual real pain.
I also feel colors, so there’s that. I thought everyone could until a couple weeks ago but it turns out not.
1. What are your favorite movies that did not start out as books?
2. What are your favorite romance tropes?
3. What are some of your favorite character names?
4. If you could swap places with one character for a day, who would it be?
5. Do you have any outstanding library fees right now? Be honest.
6. Fan cast your current read.
7. Name your top three 2014 reads.
8. Tell me about your pets.
9. Are you a part of any fandoms?
10. What book would you recommend for a cold, snowy day?