So how many out there are asking for books for the holidays this year? Yeah, so I am. How many of us are going to die if their TRB pile should fall over? Yeah, guilty as charged. How many of us are looking for some gifts that celebrate books, literature, and everything novel and nerdish? That would be a big vote for ME right here!
We all love getting books, but sometimes, you just need something other than the newest thing to clog up your sagging shelves. Each year, I love to showcase a selection of bookish goods to add to your list, whether it is for yourself, or for the other novel nerds on your shopping list.
Great Imaginations presents:
2014 Holiday Shopping Guide
1. Olde Book Pillow Classics: I received these pillows for the Reddit Plush Exchange, and I can say that I ADORE them. A perfect edition for your favorite reading place!
2. Chain Mail and Leather Blank Journal: Looking for a journal for, well, journaling? ThinkGeek has you covered. This bad boy looks AWESOME.
3. Strand Book Totes: I bought every cat-themed bag. These bags are just wonderful, and the store carries a wide variety to cater to a large variety of book lover.
4. Mermaid bookends: Beautiful! Bookends are a sure-fire way to make a novel nerd a happy reader.
5. Halve Bookends: This set of bookends helps utilize space: a place for books AND pets!
6. Book Light: Practical and stylish!
7. Book Cuff: Even your ratty t-shirt and yoga pants reading uniform can’t dull the charm of this cuff! So chic and lovely! This is an ideal accessory to any outfit!
8. iPad Covers: Looking for a gift for your techie/book junkie? This attractive cover is just the thing!
9. Storybook Blanket: Throw in a tea or hot cocoa packet and a mug and you have an Emergency Cold Day Reading Kit!
10. Pride and Prejudice Bag: It just screams: “Leave me alone, I am reading!”
11. Book Tie: Guys need love, too! This book tie would make an attractive piece to your male reader’s wardrobe.
12. American Authors Throw: Another wonderful gift to help make your favorite reading space cozy and attractive.
13. Old Books Candle: Oh, words cannot even express how wonderful this is….
14. Literary Poster Calendar: Use it all year, and at the start of 2016, your giftee has 12 beautiful posters for their reading room!
15. I Read Past My Bedtime shirt: Tell the world!
Favorites from 2013
1. Bookish Scarf: Perfect for mugs and boot season!
2. A Book On One Page: Ideal for a reading space, a dorm room, or even a classroom or office!
3. Banned Book Mug: Perfect gift to go along with the blanket or the throw!
4. Book Purse: Who wouldn’t want to carry this?!
5. Jewelry: Says it all!
Charities and Organizations
Another wonderful idea is to support your reader or your blogger with a paid subscription, or donate or give to a book charity in their honor for the holidays:
- ALA posters
- Subscriptions to Picmonkey, WordPress, or other forms of picture hosting or host domains
- Amazon Prime or Barnes and Noble Membership
- Reach Out and Read
- Donate books to a hospital or charity for your giftee
What made your wish list for the holidays this year? Are you going to add anything here to your own list? Is there any bookish gift that you would like to share?