Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Since our community takes great measures to avoid judging a book based on its outward apperance, I believe it is about time to pay our dues to the love and lust of our book covers! TTT allows us to set outside of the literature and swoon over the wonderful world of dust jackets and paperback covers.
Now, like many of you, I love beautiful cover art. But usually, my favorites are favorites because of typography. I’m not one to hang posters in my house, so using those types of covers wouldn’t really work for me. However, there are a few covers I love that use absolutely gorgeous imagery that I can imagine hanging on my walls at home.
1. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma. This is my all-time favorite cover. It is stunning. I love the deep cerulean blue and the bright pop of red from the ribbon. I honestly wish I could find a place to order a print of that image because I would definitely hang it up in my house.
2. Various Positions by Martha Schabas. As a lover of ballet, I hardly have to explain myself with this one. The lines of the dancer’s legs are beautiful and I love the stark black and white contrast.
3. The Little Woods by McCormick Templeman. This one would match beautifully in my study, which is decorated in black, white, and purples. My windows look out into the woods behind my house and this photo would bring those woods just a little bit closer.
4. Shadowlands by Kate Brian. This one I just think is beautiful and haunting. It’s just perfectly to my taste, which borders on the creepy vibe. Shrug.
5. The Lady Paranorma by Vincent Marcone. Another piece I can see in my house. Fun fact: My house is FULL of cardinals and cardinal-red things. We have cardinal artwork on the walls, cardinal mugs and pot holders and salt and pepper shakers, a red rug, red curtains. It’s nuts. This cover pulls together my love of all things creepy with my love of those cute, fat, little birds. I want!
1. Cress by Marissa Meyer – One of my favorite covers, ever, the pop of red is very beautiful and eye catching!
2. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – I have a great fondness for the old style LotR covers. The new edition’s cover is a wonderful blend of neutral colors with a splash of gold.
3. Witch Fall by Amber Argyle – Redhead alert! I am a sucker for underwater shots, and I love the muted yet colorful palette of the art.
4. Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier – I have a great weakness for the “old fantasy” style of this piece.
4. A Thief of Nightshade by J.S. Chancellor – Sometimes my inner girly-girl gets a hold of me and makes me confess my love of fairy wings and masks.
What covers did you love enough to confess hanging in your humble abode? Leave a link for us below!