|Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s theme: Our Bookish Bucket Lists
What do we wish to accomplish before we die? What do we want to achieve before the final goodbye? Can we even read that TBR pile in one lifetime?
For a large majority of us, we all have bookish goals we want to achieve before we depart from this world. This week, Bekka and Lyn will share their top book-themed bucket lists.
1. Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. This is kind of bookish right? Well, I’m counting it. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time now, since it was announced, and I hope that I’ll be able to visit next year.
2. Read 365 books in a year. This is a really big reading commitment and I just haven’t been able to do it. But every year I read more so I’m kind of training, so to speak.
3. Publish. Obviously, right? I’m in the middle of a manuscript that is actually promising, one that seems like it could actually be published one day. It needs a lot of work still, but I am actually taking visible steps towards this goal.
4. Having a home library. I’d like to be a homeowner one day, and ideally there will be an entire room dedicated to books and reading.
5. Participate in a book club. Either in person or online. I’ve found a couple local ones but they’re never reading anything I’m interested in – for some strange reason, the people in my area of Bucks County always read biographies, non-fiction, or whatever was being made into a movie. Not really my taste.
Reading 100 books in one year. I always fail, year after year, to accomplish this goal. I hope that, one day, I will be able to complete this personal goal.
Gain enough room to alphabetize my book collection. I always live in the smallest spaces I can. My hope is to dedicate enough space for all of my wonderful books. I want a reading room, and it is a life-long wish to eventually own one.
Own more signed books. I LOVE signed copies of books I love, and I would consider myself happy if I owned a shelf of beloved signed books.
Learn to read faster. I absolutely hate that I am such a slow reader. Most bloggers I see can read hundreds of books in a year, while I struggle to even read over 50.
Publish. Isn’t this a goal that most of us hold dear to our hearts?