For a long time, I’ve been kind of obsessed with the Goodreads Seasonal Reading Challenge group, but it always seemed so daunting. I wanted to participate, to find books that fit into their wacky task categories, but it was all overwhelming to me. Kara and I have both wanted to host reading challenges, also, but the timing or themes just never fit. But I’ve been mulling it over for a few days and I’ve come up with an awesome compromise: Bookish bingo cards!
Every three months, we will publish a new bingo card for you all to fill out. On it will be seasonal tasks (like “a book about Christmas” during the winter months). For each completed task, you will check off one of your bingo squares. If you make bingo in the allotted time, you will be entered into a giveaway! (Giveaway is international, for a book of the winner’s choice.)
Are you excited? You better be! Lyn, Kara, and I will be participating with you and it’s sure to be lots of fun! Here is April, May, and June’s card:
What we need from you:
- Declare yourself! This can be in a blog post, a tweet, a FB status – anything, as long as you are declaring your participation in this season’s Bookish Bingo.
- Enter the link to your declaration in the linky below.
- Read, read, read! Read and review books that fit with the tasks on the card.
- At the end of June, write a wrap-up post with your completed tasks. Come back here for the wrap-up linky, to be posted on June 30th.
- Sign-ups close on April 9th.
- All reading and reviewing must fall between April 1st and June 30th.
- One square per book. For instance, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater is both the first in a series, and a YA book, but it can only count for one square.
- Extra entries can be earned for multiple bingos. Filling out the whole card is worth 5!
- The star is a freebie. You can read anything for that one.