Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic: Books We Wish We Could Have Had Sequels To.
Sequels are the new black – it seems that you can’t pass a book in the store that doesn’t have the series name on the front of the book. Sometimes, it is a great thing to see “first in a series” with the title. Other times, you sadly whimper and watch the storyline stretch out thinner than a cheap t-shirt.
However, there are some books out there that NEED to be part of a sequel. Due to either wonderful world building, awesome potential, or lovable characters, this week, Kara and I share our top books that need to keep going.
4. Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor: The short stories left me wanting more, as in, a full-length novels more!
3. Nation by Terry Pratchett: The story wrapped up nicely, but it wouldn’t hurt to read a little more of the island life in this AU universe.
2. The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King: I have been complaining about this for years. This is, in my opinion, his best work, and a sequel would be fabulous.
1. Speechless by Hannah Harrington: All she has to do is write about Asha, Sam, Dex, and Lou, and I would be so happy.
5. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden – One of my favorite books that I can read over and over, and I just want to read more about the characters.
3. Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch – The ending was left really open ended with no planned sequel. Very unsatisfying.