Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic: Top Ten Favorite Romances.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, love is in the air.
I’m so excited.
This week, I am going to live vicariously through fictional characters in books and share my top ten favorite romances.
10. Madrigal and Akiva from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series – Akiva turns into a super-creep when he meet Karou, but his “first” girlfriend was great, and I enjoyed the romance between the two star-crossed lovers a quite a bit.
9. Eva and Sean from The Lost Girl – The book was outstanding, and the romantic relationship between the two characters made the entire book pop. If you haven’t read this book, I would suggest it strictly for the lovely moments between the two.
8. Knife and Paul from Spell Hunter – The courtship of Knife and Paul made my toes curl and my insides squeal. This book had one of the best romances I have ever read because the two of them accept each other and truly accept one another for better or worse.
7. Cinder and Prince Kai from Cinder – I wasn’t crazy about the book like the other thousands of people on GoodReads, but I did thoroughly enjoy the flirtation between the two main characters.
6. Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games trilogy- I was Team Peeta from the start. I always felt horrible for him, and the reason for their relationship at the end broke my heart, but it isn’t always a lovey-dovey sugary sweet world.
5. Silena Beauregard and Charles Beckendorf from The Percy Jackson series – I don’t want to spoil anything for our readers who have not read the series, but Silena will always be one of my favorite characters, and her relationship with Beckendorf was the BEST romance in the entire series. I love them both.
4. Penryn and Raffe from Angelfall – Their romance was on FIRE. It was touching, it was stormy, and it was inspiring.
3. Meg and Michael from the Unearthly trilogy – Clara and her love triangle brings a certain flavor to the entire series, but Meg and Michael’s romance was lovely and beautiful. I wish with all of my heart that Meg would get her own series in a prequel to Unearthly.
2. Cas and Anna from the Anna Dressed in Blood series – I know a lot of people thought it was cheesy, but I found Cas and Anna and their courtship so sweet and endearing!
1. Adele and Gareth from the Vampire Empire series – Is it bad that I keep plugging this series? Hell no. The relationship was realistic, and to be blunt, very sexy.
Leave a message below and share your own favorite romances for this week!