Ryne is one of the authors featured on Great Imaginations this month and he is also giving away some of his work in the Halloween Horror Kindle Giveaway. I asked Ryne some Halloween-themed questions to help everyone get in the mood for what is my favorite holiday.
1. What is you favorite scary movie?
‘The Exorcist’. It’s realistic depiction is more terrifying than any CGI monster I can think of. John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ is a close second.
2. What is your favorite thing about Halloween?
Seriously? Do you even need to ask? Sneaking candy from the haul my kids bring home 🙂
3. What is your favorite scary book?
Again, ‘The Exorcist’ by William Peter Blatty. Also Jay Anson’s ‘The Amityville Horror.’
4. When you were a kid and dressed up for Halloween, what was your favorite costume and why? If you still dress up, you can put that too.
I went as a mummy once, which entailed my mother wrapping me with bandages from head to toe that proceeded to unravel as I cruised the neighborhood for treats.
5. What is your biggest fear and why?
If I tell you, you’ll put me in that situation, so no way, no how are you going to find out.
6. Do you have a true spooky story to tell? Do it!
I worked many moons ago at a place that people said was haunted by a little girl who played marbles at night. I was closing up once, completely alone, and heard a sound from upstairs that sounded like marbles being dropped on the floor. I went upstairs and saw no one. Returned downstairs and the sound started again.
7. If you had to believe in a mythological/paranormal creature, which one would it be, and why? Ex. Vampires, werewolves, Lochness monster, etc.
Bigfoot. I mean, come on…giant hairy humanoid creature in the woods behind your house? What’s not to love about that!
8. What is your favorite thing to do during the fall/Halloween season?
Give candy, with extra helpings to the tiniest kids.
Great answers. I have a scary story of my own to tell too, but I’m not so sure I want to put that up on the blog for everyone to see. You guys are brave! And I love scary stories about ghosts. And bigfoot totally could be real. I agree.
for more information on Ryne and his books.
Anything you want to add? Feel free to comment!