I’m not exactly sure how to do this. I’m a fairly new blogger, so everything I do is a new experience. I still get excited when y’all comment on one of my posts. I still am happy when I beat my blog views from the previous day. I still check to see where everyone is from who visits, by the way, my top visiting countries are the U.S., Canada, England, Greece, Belgium, and Australia. This excites me for some reason. Moving on since that had absolutely no point to it at all.
A couple of days ago I was given this award by my friend Melanie over at A New Kind of Ordinary. This is the first time I have received a blogging award. It’s kind of exciting. Thanks Melanie! Of course this award comes with a few rules.
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you (which I already did).
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to five new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
So let’s get started with the seven facts. I want to try and make these as obscure as possible. It’s more fun that way.
1. I hate air-conditioning. Yes, that’s right. I live in the south now and I know it’s necessary, but I hate shutting the house up and breathing canned air when it’s so nice outside. When it gets super hot here, I intend to spend as much time outside as I can. I don’t like being stuck inside when it’s nice out. I would rather have the windows open and the fans on. It’s cheaper that way too.
2. I love doing laundry. I can’t explain it. I hate folding it though. But I love separating my clothes and running the washer and dryer. I try to keep it going all day while I am doing other things around the house. Emptying out the lint trap. I can’t figure out why I love doing it, but I just do.
3. I am an I Love Lucy fanatic. I have every episode on DVD including the hour long Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour episodes. And I have to be honest, I’ve seen every episode at least fifty times. Maybe more. And I know most of the lines. It’s gotten to the point now where I just put them on for noise while I’m doing other things. It’s my comfort noise. That show makes me feel safe like an old blanket or a favorite stuffed animal.
4. Staying on the topic of television, I am also an obsessed Big Brother fan. In America, every summer, Big Brother is on three days a week for an hour during prime-time. I watch that and in addition I am a live-feed subscriber. For those of you that do not know what this is, let me explain. There is a 24/7 camera feed into the Big Brother house. Four different video feeds and it runs all day and night while the houseguests are cooking, eating, fighting, sleeping, having sex, etc. I run this feed from my computer all day. I never turn it off. When I go to sleep I mute it. That way, when I get up the next day all I have to do is unmute it. I don’t have to wait for the program to boot up. The Big Brother house is in California. I live on the east coast. That means that pretty much the entire summer I live my life on California time. I go to bed when the houseguests do, which is around 4 am here, and wake up when they wake up. I guess that’s around noon. My body adjusts quickly because I am a night owl. In addition to this, I am a member of some Big Brother message boards where I discuss the show with other fans and I also tweet about it. Big Brother fans are obsessed and the discussions often get heated. Every summer I make new friends and some of my old friends turn into enemies. It happens. It’s Big Brother.
5. I love food. But I have an aversion to certain foods because I’ve eaten it too much in my life. Like spaghetti with marinara sauce. I’ve eaten it so much I’ve gotten sick of it. I don’t hate it, but I would rather not eat it. I also feel this way about hot dogs, yellow birthday cake, chicken breasts and macaroni and cheese. It’s not like it makes me sick, I just don’t like to eat it anymore.
6. I love my dog more than any human. She is my baby. She follows me everywhere and she sleeps with me and has her own couch. She loves sleeping on my blankets and pillows and I let her because I love her to death. I adopted her from a shelter and I could never love a dog more. You can find amazing dogs at shelters and I intend to get every pet I own in the future from a shelter or rescue group. I can’t imagine not doing it and can’t believe what I have been missing out on all this time.
7. I am obsessed with all things Southeast Asia. I want to travel there so badly. Every country. Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Malaysia, The Phillippines, and Indonesia. I love reading about Asia and I love looking at pictures of it too. If I go one place in the world, that’s where it will be. I don’t get to travel much and I’ve never been out of North America, so I can’t wait for the opportunity to come along.
Now I have to pass the award on to my fellow bloggers.
Okay ladies, come get your award!!